A busy day passes into a quiet night
As I sit back and as nostalgia strikes,
I fly back into the days of frolic and fun,
When birds chirped to welcome the rising Sun,
And Mother Nature smiled to wake me up
Riding on a bicycle, singing the song of the day
We went to school to become big someday
The warm morning ray, the cool dew drop
The mix and match made us a whole new crop
With weary limbs after the day long grind
We rode back singing, leaving the school behind
The pleasant evening, the amber of the setting sun,
When birds chirped again saying the day was done
We stepped out again for a gentle walk
To share our thoughts in idle talk
The talk seemed idle and time lost out,
But li'l did we realize we were sorting things out.
Our questions were tough and arguments queer
On the world, of society, relationships and oneself,
On actions, on choice and the very purpose of life.
I grew up in time, but seldom thought I that I grew big,
My degrees mediocre always inviting a dig.
Despite the digs, despite the derision,
The talks enabled an inward evolution
And now as I sit back and think of the unsaved nine
It was not a loss, but rather the proverbial stitch in time.
As I sit back and as nostalgia strikes,
I fly back into the days of frolic and fun,
When birds chirped to welcome the rising Sun,
And Mother Nature smiled to wake me up
Riding on a bicycle, singing the song of the day
We went to school to become big someday
The warm morning ray, the cool dew drop
The mix and match made us a whole new crop
With weary limbs after the day long grind
We rode back singing, leaving the school behind
The pleasant evening, the amber of the setting sun,
When birds chirped again saying the day was done
We stepped out again for a gentle walk
To share our thoughts in idle talk
The talk seemed idle and time lost out,
But li'l did we realize we were sorting things out.
Our questions were tough and arguments queer
On the world, of society, relationships and oneself,
On actions, on choice and the very purpose of life.
I grew up in time, but seldom thought I that I grew big,
My degrees mediocre always inviting a dig.
Despite the digs, despite the derision,
The talks enabled an inward evolution
And now as I sit back and think of the unsaved nine
It was not a loss, but rather the proverbial stitch in time.
No comments:
Post a Comment