Monday, April 30, 2012

My journey at HSBC

In January of 2008, on a chilly winter morn,
As we stepped out hoping the Sunshone,
In our hostel over a sip of coffee we drank,
I thought and said, “Guys, I’ll never work in a bank”
“But HSBC’s visiting our campus by noon”, they said.
I said no, and no, irrespective of what they paid.
But as destiny plays games and always has its way,
HSBC chose me and I said yes without knowing the pay.
Here I am now, 4 years old in HSBC, looking back,
I recall an amazing journey with an amazing pack.
The powerhouse of Analytics, the CRS team,
Was built by choosing the cream from the cream.
The analytical depth and the coding pace,
I knew for sure I had only scratched the surface.
Millions were made and millions saved,
By the deeply analytical path the team paved.
The storm was weathered and we stayed afloat,
With Capital One, the one that took note.
And so we bid good bye today,
To a great place to work any day,
The fun at work and the work forfun,
Annual days and the treasure hunt run,
Quizzes, scrabbles, foosball and chess,
Events abound but never excess,
Auctions of portraits, education for children
Climate championship and the green concern,
Delays in transport, no camera phone,
No casual wear, no work from home,
Despite the rules, despite the bindings,
It was truly great place, a homeaway from home

Will miss HSBC for sure…..

No comments: