Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Desire





















As life moved on, I paused for a moment,
To think, to search and to find the end,
The reason, the mission, the goal of life.
Buddha says, "Desire not- it leads to pain".
But then said I, what's life without an aim?
Present dissatisfaction leads to a future goal,
Struggle, though painful seems worth the toll.
With future hidden, I set off from this side,
Bearing all pain for the embellished other side.
The pain was a pleasure, for the end seemed bright,
But the end very soon seemed a blight.
The place though new, better though the state,
The mind said,"Not so great".
No place to go and in darkness I groped,
In the abyss of life, I searched for a rope.
Buddha smiled and reminded me again,
"In desire my son, there is no much gain"
I paused again, to think again,
Water in a stream - I can drink,
Stagnant water!! doesn't it stink?
No goal, no action and no movement
Death's better than life without an event
Buddha smiled again and said,
"Never did I say have no goal"
And the dark abyss lit up in effulgence!
Buddha had shown me the path of indifference.
Set a goal and work really hard
But desire not for a chosen reward
Success or failure, take it into your stride
This is life, enjoy your ride !!

1 comment:

Ria said...

wow :) am a fanclub! all of it is simply so beautifully put. Its like hitting the dart board right on Bull's eye!